It seems, SharePoint is a little bit sensitive, when you use different orders for fields in the elements.xml of a content type and the schema.xml of a list. In one of my projects, I had a list with three content types. In these content among others types I used the fields FieldA, FieldB, FieldC, FieldD.

In one of the content types I used the order

FieldA
FieldB
FieldC
FieldD

In my schema.xml I used the order

FieldD
FieldA
FieldB
FieldC

I was wondering that in the display form of my content type, the fields FieldA, FieldB and FieldC appeared twice. After I used the same order as in my schema.xml in the content type, the display form looked as expected.

Advertisements