Today I was struggling with AutoSPInstaller (a fantastic tool for SharePoint installations!), when I tried to install SharePoint 2013 on machines with Windows Server 2012 R2 (preview). The main problem is that the Prerequisitesinstaller.exe does not run on this version of Windows Server (which is 6.3*).
So, to resolve this problem, we have to manually install the prerequisites on the machines and do a small modification in one of the AutoSPInstaller-PowerShell files.
To install the prerequisites manually there are descriptions in the web:
To do the SharePoint 2013 installation itself with AutoSPInstaller, we need to skip the installation of the prerequisites. But there is not switch for this, so we need to modify the file “AutoSPInstallerMain.ps1”:
To skip the prerequisites, we just need to comment out the call of the procedure “InstallPrerequisites” in the Run-Install function.
Save the file and run the AutoSPInstallerLaunch.bat and it will install SharePoint 2013 on your Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.
One additional hint: I did this installation to do some tests with search configuration and needed to install five machines with SharePoint 2013. Because my notebook does not have so much memory, I used just 4 GB RAM per machine (yes I know that’s not recommended J). During the configuration it might be possible that you get an error saying “The requested service … could not be activated.”. See this link with a solution for this problem.