At the end of the last year our company did the final steps on the migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. The guys, who did the migration, told me that also the contents of the MyContent sites are migrated to the new environment. Today I accessed my MyContent site (named Skydrive in SharePoint 2013) and…
… it was empty L.
They do not know what happened, but the content of my MyContent site was gone. Because they still have access to the old environment, they provided me a site collection backup of my MyContent site.
To recover the content I did the following steps:
- Prepare a virtual machine with SharePoint Server 2010 SP2 (I used one of my old development machines for this step and just installed the SP2)
- Create a MySite host in the farm
- Create a User Profile Service Application
- Logged in as the Administrator of the machine create a MyContent site
- Open a SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and run Restore-SPSite on the MyContent site created in the previous step with the force parameter and the backup file they provided to me
- Do the necessary modifications to the site collection administrator of the restored site
- Access the content J
Thanks guys for providing the backup! I am able to access all of the content of my MyContent site.